Students at Liberty for Gun Rights (SL4GR) supports the abolition of gun free zones and believe students that meet the legal and Liberty University requirements should be able to keep their conceal carry firearm in their dorm room. LU students may now carry their firearms concealed in the residence halls and store them in their safes after receiving approval from Liberty University Police Department (LUPD), submitting the complete safe installation form, and having the safe installed.
Below is a breakdown of the new weapons policy.
– Conceal carry on campus and in dorms with a valid conceal carry license WITH approval from LUPD.
– Store your firearm in a safe approved and installed by LUPD after submitting the complete safe installation form.
– Only students with LUPD safes and with written permission can carry weapons inside residence halls
– Store your weapon in a secured container inside your vehicle
– A student can consent to not have a roommate install a LUPD approved safe in the room
– The weapon must be taken from the safe and immediately put into concealment before leaving their room.
– Conceal carry on campus and in dorms with a valid conceal carry license WITHOUT approval from LUPD
– You cannot bring your own safe to store your firearm even if you have approval to conceal carry by LUPD.
– A student cannot open carry on campus or in the residence halls.
– Cannot conceal carry on campus without the written permission from LUPD.
– Cannot store your firearm inside your vehicle if it is not secured in a container.
– A student with a LUPD safe cannot have their roommate move out if the roommate does not consent to the safe in their room.
– If the student is wearing clothing that cannot conceal the firearm the firearm must be left in the safe secured.
– A student cannot clean, service, or display their firearm inside the residence halls.
– Only the student that has the required permission and LUPD officers are allowed access to the safe.
Please review all of LUPDs firearm policies.
Nathan Northcutt is the Director of Communications for SL4GR. For questions, please email email@example.com.